Moscow, February 22 (RHC)-- The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, has described Fidel Castro as a great thinker.
In statements to RIA Novosti news agency, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia said: 'Fidel is a great thinker. He is original, a true political leader, who does not care about what people in North America or anywhere else in the world may think of him. He is also very strong.'
Patriarch Kirill was sharing his impressions on his little over one-hour meeting last week here in Havana with the historical leader of the Cuban revolution.
During the exchange, this past February 14th, the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church and Fidel discussed several international and bilateral issues.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 1015
- online: 186
- total: 6656882