Moscow, February 22 (RHC)-- The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, has described Fidel Castro as a great thinker.
In statements to RIA Novosti news agency, the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia said: 'Fidel is a great thinker. He is original, a true political leader, who does not care about what people in North America or anywhere else in the world may think of him. He is also very strong.'
Patriarch Kirill was sharing his impressions on his little over one-hour meeting last week here in Havana with the historical leader of the Cuban revolution.
During the exchange, this past February 14th, the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church and Fidel discussed several international and bilateral issues.
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 11508
- online: 183
- total: 7104221