Havana, April 25 (RHC-PL), -- The foreign guests who will participate in this year's May Day parade at the Jose Marti Revolution Square in Havana, visited the province of Artemisa Monday to pay tribute to Cuban patriot Julio Antonio Mella.
The ceremony began with the laying of a wreath at the plaque that pays tribute to the prominent Cuban communist fighter at the International Camp that bears his name. The event was attended by more than 200 activists from 34 countries.
The friends making up the 11th Contingent of May Day Solidarity Brigade were welcomed by local government authorities and the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP).
The visiting delegation consists of representatives from Latin America and the Caribbean (93), Europe (74), Africa (34), Middle East (34), Asia (20) and Oceania (20).
While in Cuba, the brigade is carrying out agricultural work, holding meetings with representatives of grass-roots organizations and visiting the Mausoleum to the Martyrs of Artemisa.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 2502
- online: 135
- total: 4472249