HAVANA, Cuba, Apr 30 (ACN) Adonia, from Carnival Cruise Corporation, the first US cruise ship to visit Cuba in fifty years, set sail out of Miami harbor on Sunday afternoon with 700 passengers.
The ship docks in Havana harbor for two days and visits the ports of Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba.
Carnival´s Roger Frizzell told reporters that this would be a traditional sightseeing tour, where cruise passengers will enjoy the landscapes, meet the people and take a look around.
The cruise price is 1 800 dollars per person, not including visa, taxes and harbor tariffs, according to the website of Fathom, branch under Carnival which owns the ship that will visit Cuba.
Passengers can also enjoy a trip in a 1950 vintage car to a show and a disco at the price of 219 dollars, as arranged with Cuba´s Havanatur travel agency.
Beach tours are not allowed, since American laws still ban US citizens from tourism in Cuba and the beach is considered a leisure activity not included in the 12 categories authorized for US citizens to visit the island.
Adonia cruise ship will return to Miami on May 8, while the Cuba cruise schedule offers visits every two weeks.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6701
- today: 4968
- online: 199
- total: 8083571