Geneva, June 21 (RHC)-- Cuba has renewed its call at the United Nations for the prohibition and elimination of all weapons of mass destruction, as the best and only way to prevent them from falling into the hands of extremists and terrorists.
On Monday, Cuban diplomat Lilianne Sánchez addressed an open meeting of the UN committee on the non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, according to Security Council resolution 1540 of 2004.
The Cuban diplomat said her country shares the concern of most UN member states about non-State actors attempting to acquire, use or transfer of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons and their delivery systems.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 3327
- online: 83
- total: 4949624