Hanoi, June 21 (RHC)-- Vice President Salvador Valdés Mesa paid tribute on Tuesday to Vietnamese independence hero Ho Chi Minh, as part of an official visit to the Asian country, aimed at strengthening bilateral relations.
On the third day of his visit, the Cuban official visited Ninh Binh province, where he and his delegation held talks with officials of the Vietnamese communist party.
A member of the Cuban Communist Party's Politburo, Salvador Valdés Mesa met Monday with the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Nguyen Phu Trong, and he was also received by President Tran Dai Luang, who confirmed his government's determination to advance economic, trade and cooperation ties with Cuba.
The Vietnamese head of state thanked the delegation of the Cuban communist party for their visit to Hanoi and for informing Vietnamese communists on the results of the recently held 7th summit meeting of the Cuban communists. He took the opportunity to also congratulate Cubans on their latest foreign policy achievements.
The Cuban vice president thanked Vietnam for its support for Cuba against the U.S. Blockade. He also conveyed an invitation sent by President Raúl Castro to his Vietnamese counterpart to visit the Caribbean state.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1562
- online: 131
- total: 5648642