Hanoi, June 21 (RHC)-- Vice President Salvador Valdés Mesa paid tribute on Tuesday to Vietnamese independence hero Ho Chi Minh, as part of an official visit to the Asian country, aimed at strengthening bilateral relations.
On the third day of his visit, the Cuban official visited Ninh Binh province, where he and his delegation held talks with officials of the Vietnamese communist party.
A member of the Cuban Communist Party's Politburo, Salvador Valdés Mesa met Monday with the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Nguyen Phu Trong, and he was also received by President Tran Dai Luang, who confirmed his government's determination to advance economic, trade and cooperation ties with Cuba.
The Vietnamese head of state thanked the delegation of the Cuban communist party for their visit to Hanoi and for informing Vietnamese communists on the results of the recently held 7th summit meeting of the Cuban communists. He took the opportunity to also congratulate Cubans on their latest foreign policy achievements.
The Cuban vice president thanked Vietnam for its support for Cuba against the U.S. Blockade. He also conveyed an invitation sent by President Raúl Castro to his Vietnamese counterpart to visit the Caribbean state.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 1101
- online: 109
- total: 5857211