The famous Yale University choir –the Yale Glee Club- will sing in Old Havana on March 13th along with its Cuban counterpart Entrevoces, led by maestra Digna Guerra.
The program of the university students’choir is set to be made up of Caribbean music, including a piece by Cuban maestro Guido López-Gavilán. The Yale Glee Club, directed by Jeffrey Douma, is also scheduled to perform at the San Pedro Apostol Church in the western city of Matanzas.
The more than 150-year-old choir was set up in 1863 by 13 men and is currently made up of 80 male and female voices. Its repertoire includes pieces from the Renaissance and Classical periods, folk and contemporary music.
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- President Díaz-Canel says Cubans respond to Trump with peace and supporting their new Constitution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3697
- today: 754
- online: 125
- total: 5661464