The famous Yale University choir –the Yale Glee Club- will sing in Old Havana on March 13th along with its Cuban counterpart Entrevoces, led by maestra Digna Guerra.
The program of the university students’choir is set to be made up of Caribbean music, including a piece by Cuban maestro Guido López-Gavilán. The Yale Glee Club, directed by Jeffrey Douma, is also scheduled to perform at the San Pedro Apostol Church in the western city of Matanzas.
The more than 150-year-old choir was set up in 1863 by 13 men and is currently made up of 80 male and female voices. Its repertoire includes pieces from the Renaissance and Classical periods, folk and contemporary music.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 761
- online: 97
- total: 4925064