The famous Yale University choir –the Yale Glee Club- will sing in Old Havana on March 13th along with its Cuban counterpart Entrevoces, led by maestra Digna Guerra.
The program of the university students’choir is set to be made up of Caribbean music, including a piece by Cuban maestro Guido López-Gavilán. The Yale Glee Club, directed by Jeffrey Douma, is also scheduled to perform at the San Pedro Apostol Church in the western city of Matanzas.
The more than 150-year-old choir was set up in 1863 by 13 men and is currently made up of 80 male and female voices. Its repertoire includes pieces from the Renaissance and Classical periods, folk and contemporary music.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 2420
- online: 206
- total: 3851033