HAVANA, Cuba, Apr 3 (ACN) A Greek Film Festival will be held for the first time in Cuba, starting from April 4 at Havana's La Rampa movie theater.
The selection, which will be screed for the public until April 13, includes movies shot in the 1980s and 1990s -comedies, dramas and musicals- and will be screened between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
The program will be inaugurated with the film Rembetiko, by Costas Ferris, which will be attended by Paul Charalambous, Greek ambassador to Havana, and Consul Aemilia Maniataki.
Scheduled for April 5 has been the popular classical comedy entitled Callejeo y camuflaje (1984), directed by Nicos Perakis, on the life of a group of young soldiers during military service in 1967-68.
During the Festival, Greek film lovers will also be able to see Los holgazanes de valle fertil, a comedy shot in 1978 on the decline of the bourgeoisie; the drama Hierbabuena (1999), directed by Costas Kapakas; and La noche con Silena (1986), by Dimitris Panayiotato.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2678
- today: 2780
- online: 129
- total: 5145776