HAVANA, Cuba, Apr 3 (ACN) A Greek Film Festival will be held for the first time in Cuba, starting from April 4 at Havana's La Rampa movie theater.
The selection, which will be screed for the public until April 13, includes movies shot in the 1980s and 1990s -comedies, dramas and musicals- and will be screened between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
The program will be inaugurated with the film Rembetiko, by Costas Ferris, which will be attended by Paul Charalambous, Greek ambassador to Havana, and Consul Aemilia Maniataki.
Scheduled for April 5 has been the popular classical comedy entitled Callejeo y camuflaje (1984), directed by Nicos Perakis, on the life of a group of young soldiers during military service in 1967-68.
During the Festival, Greek film lovers will also be able to see Los holgazanes de valle fertil, a comedy shot in 1978 on the decline of the bourgeoisie; the drama Hierbabuena (1999), directed by Costas Kapakas; and La noche con Silena (1986), by Dimitris Panayiotato.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3303
- today: 1203
- online: 111
- total: 5435105