Engraved in Time is the tile of an exhibit by renowned Cuban artist, Flora Fong, currently underway in central Sancti Spíritus to mark the 500th anniversary of the city’s establishment by Spanish conqueror, Diego Velázquez.
The Flora Fong exhibition is made up of 17 pieces, including lithographs, serigraphs and works on other formats that summarize her career since 1979. Fong is a painter, sculptor, book illustrator, textile designer and a kite maker, influenced by Chinese kite making technique, inherited from his father born in Guangdong, China. In her strongly Chinese influenced works, the renowned painter’s main themes are nature, wind and water.
Flora Fong’s works of art can be found at the Havana based Cuban Fine Arts Museum; at the Royal House in Madrid, Spain; the Museum of the Americas in Managua, Nicaragua; the National Parliament in Beijing, China; and in private collections in Cuba and other countries, such as the Netherlands, the United States, Mexico, and Panama.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 3341
- online: 78
- total: 4381327