The famous Cuban band, Los Van Van, will delight Cuban and foreign salsa fans at the Habanarte Festival currently underway in the Cuban capital.
Considered the “Rolling Stones of Salsa”, Los Van Van, which won a Grammy Award for best album in 2000, is scheduled to perform the best tunes of its repertoire at the Salón Rosado de la Tropical, a venue for Cuban dance music and salsa lovers, on Tuesday. Habanarte, the festival of the arts underway until September 21st, will also feature a gala at the Miramar House of Music with the band Havana D'Primera, an orchestra set up in 2007, whose members are recognized by their talent and professional results.
Yoruba Andabo, an example of authentic Cuban rhythms, will be at the House of Rumba delighting “rumba” fans. The ensemble has taken its art to several countries, including Colombia, Canada and the United States. The all-women band, Caribe Girls, established in 1999, will perform at the House of Music in Central Havana with music genre, such as “son”, “merengue”, “cha cha chá”, “rumba” and “bolero”. Other music options included in Habanarte are Arnaldo y su Talismán, Gerardo Alfonso, Lynn Milanés and her group and a concert of Sello Cubano.
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- RHC's segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- CEPAL: extreme poverty grows in Latin America and the Caribbean
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3202
- today: 1309
- online: 128
- total: 5542288