Renowned Cuban poetess, Carilda Oliver, will pay homage to 19th century Cuban poet José Jacinto Milanés on the bicentennial of his birth.
Milanés, whom Cuban National Hero and poet, José Martí, called “pure poet”, is to Oliver the most important poet in the province of Matanzas, where the Cuban poetess lives, and one of the best in the 19th century.
She said that Milanés’ poetry shows his Cuban and patriotic spirit and his work has astounded connoisseurs and non- connoisseurs in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries. The 90-year-old poetess and National Poetry Award Laureate announced that on Wednesday she will say some of her best known poems at the Wednesday of Poetry Recital, a cultural space set up in the 1970’s at José Jacinto Milanés’ 19th century house in the western city of Matanzas.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 3032
- online: 145
- total: 4837685