Renowned Cuban pianist, Frank Fernández, and the Oriente Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Guido López Gavilán, are performing in eastern Santiago de Cuba on Saturday.
The concert celebrates 500 years of the Cuban city’s establishment and pays tribute to late Commander of the Revolution, Juan Almeida, to heroine Celia Sánchez and the 88th birthday of Santiago de Cuba musician, Enrique Bonne.
The concert includes Romeo and Juliet, by Piotr Ilich Tchaikovski; Concert No. 23 for piano and orchestra, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; La Comparsa, by Cuba’s Ernesto Lecuona, the piece he composed for the Cuban TV soap opera Tierra Brava, and others. The Oriente Symphony Orchestra is a professional symphony based in the eastern city of Santiago de Cuba, basically made up of young musicians.
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- President Díaz-Canel says Cubans respond to Trump with peace and supporting their new Constitution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3697
- today: 2482
- online: 131
- total: 5663192