Young Pianists from Cuba and around the world will take part at the 4th Young Pianists Encounter June 2/26 in the Cuban capital.
Sponsored by the Havana Historian Office, and with the cooperation of the Cuban Music Institute and the National Concert Music Center, the event includes the performance of 26 young piano players from Cuba, Russia, Armenia, China, China-Taipei, South Korea, Belarus, the United States and Egypt, trained at Manhattan School of Music under the tutelage of eminent Cuban professor Salomón Gadles Mikowsky.
The Cuban roaster includes young pianists Patricio Malcolm, Lilibeth Fabelo, Isabel Mesa, Lisa María Blanco, Aldo López Gavilán, Ahmed Alom, Yanner Rascón, Yamilé Cruz and Karla Martínez, and the performance of the Cuban National Symphony and Havana’s Mozarteum Lyceum orchestra, conducted by maestros Enrique Pérez Mesa, Daiana García and José Antonio Méndez Padrón.
Havana’s emblematic Martí Theater will be the concerts’ principal venue on Thursdays and Sundays at 6:00 p.m. The rest of the programming will be at the Ignacio Cervantes Concert Hall on Fridays and Sundays at 6:00 and 11:00 a.m. respectively and at the Minor Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi Concert Hall on Saturdays at 6 p.m.
Russian pianist, Alexander Moutouzkine, and the National Symphony will open the encounter with Concerts No. 1 and 2 by Franz Liszt, to celebrate the 120th anniversary of renowned Cuban professor César Pérez Sentenat.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 985
- online: 95
- total: 5867706