Granma, November 15 (RHC-ACN) Carlos Benitez, who plays for Granma in the Cuban National Baseball Series, amounts six grand slams so far this season and only has to hit one more to match the record set by OF Alexei Bell in the 2009-10 campaign.
Benitez, who last year helped Granma to become champion for the first time in Cuba, hit the last grand slam yesterday in the 9-2 win of his team over Las Tunas.
The most interesting fact is that all those homers have been achieved playing away.
The second baseman has an excellent performance in the current season and also appears among the leaders in different stats, as he ranks second in RBI (55), fourth in walks (45), tenth on average (.355) and slugging (.552), eighth in total of bases (101), and appears tied from third to sixth seat in homers (11).
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 866
- online: 107
- total: 6041698