Havana, November 28 (RHC-ACN)-- Puerto Rico beat Cuba in the second game of the 1st round, group C, of the FIBA Men´s Basketball 2019 World Cup Americas Qualifiers.
At Havana´s Sports City Coliseum, the host team lost 72-95 mainly due to a huge amount of turnovers and low efficiency in shots, especially in 3-point attempts.
The match MVP was Cuban pivot Javier Justiz who had efficiency of +27 after scoring 21 points, 15 rebounds and 3 assists.
Justiz was seconded by PF Jasiel Rivero, who was the match scoring leader with 23 units, and F Karel Guzman (13), while Puerto Rico´s best men were Ramon Clemente (15) and Angel Vasallo (14).
Cuba´s last win over Puerto Rico dates back to the Centobasket 1999 when they won 67-63.
In the other match of this Pool C, the United States achieved its second win by defeating 91-55 Mexico, who now appears tied with Puerto Rico with balance of 1 win and one loss; while Cuba ranks last with two losses in same amount of outings.
- Maduro's victory symbolizes his people's determination to not allow a capitalist rebirth in Venezuela
- Cuba congratulates re-elected Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- Maduro reelected, the struggle continues
- Cuba submits human rights report to UPR mechanism in Geneva
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4705
- today: 2259
- online: 140
- total: 4723969