Catcher Frank Camilo Morejon is one of the eight Cuban players to join the Italian Baseball League.
Havana, March 22 (RHC)-- Eight Cuban baseball players will sign contracts next Friday to professionally play in the Italian Baseball League (IBL).
Several of the athletes to play in the European nation are local aces such as left-hander pitcher Ulfrido Garcia (Parma Baseball A.S.D), and right-handed pitchers Erly Casanova (Parma Baseball A.S.D) and Bladimir Baños (Polisportivo Padule), in addition to catcher Frank Camilo Morejon (Parma Baseball A.S.D).
The list also includes infielder Yordany Alarcon (Polisportivo Padule) and RHPs Eddy Abel Garcia (Cagliari Baseball A.S.D), Frank Montieth (A.S.D Athletics Bologna) and Jose Pablo Cuesta (B.C. Sala Baganza).
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4694
- today: 1070
- online: 136
- total: 6757989