Lima, July 27 (RHC) – Cuba's Freestyle Wrestler Mijain Lopez and Judo athlete Idalis Ortiz are among the superstars who will compete in the Pan-American Games Lima 2019, a competition in which a total of 109 Olympic medalists, including 65 champions, an unprecedented number in this type of events, will compete.
Three-time Olympic and Five-time World Champion Mijain Lopez, who carried the Cuban flag for the 9th time during the opening ceremony, will be looking for his 5th Pan-Am title, a record in any kind of combat sports. Idalis Ortiz, the vidette of Cuban Judo, with 3 Olympic and 7 World Championship medals, will try to assure herself her 3rd Pan-Am title.
But the presence of Olympic stars in this edition of the Pan-Am games actually turns more than one head. Athletes like Americans 5-time Olympic champion Nathan Adrian and Olympic champion Justin Gatlin, Rio 2016 Champion Shaunae Miller (Barbados), Argentinians Judo artist Paula Paretto and NBA player Luis Scola, both of them Olympic champions, and two-time Olympic gold medalist in BMX, Colombian Mariana Pajon are some of the high-ranked athletes who will compete in the event.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 1461
- online: 169
- total: 6652526