Lima, July 29 (RHC)-- Cuba obtained its fifth Gold Medal at the XVIII Pan-American Games Lima-2019. The latest medal -- Number 5 -- was won by the canoeing team made up of Mahivianet Borges and Katherin Nuevo in the C-2, for a distance of 500 metros.
The Cuban duo reached the goal in 1 minute, 56 seconds and 661 -- winning over the Chilean team of Karen Rocco and María Mailliard, whose time was 1:59:158. Third place in the competition went to Canadians Anne Lavoeiparent and Rowan Hardykavanagh with 2:02:216.
With this Gold Medal, Cuba climbs to the fifth place. The current standings, at this writing (Monday afternoon, 2 p.m. Eastern) -- Colombia with five gold, three silver and two bronze, the United States (10-9-7), México (9-5-12), Brazil (6-4-7) and Argentina (6-2-4).
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 1789
- online: 169
- total: 6762859