Havana, August 31 (RHC) – The Sancti Spiritus Roosters and the Cienfuegos Elephants won their respective matches this Friday and opened up their lead at the top of the table of the Cuban Baseball Series over the Camaguey Bulls, a team that lost this Friday to the Isla de la Juventud Pirates.
The Bulls lost 12-7 as Home Club to the Pirates, in a night in which the offensive display of Alexander Ayala (3-4, HR, 2R, RBI) was not enough for Camaguey.
In the afternoon, the Roosters defeated the Artemisa Hunters by shutout 5-0, the Matanzas Crocodiles beat the Granma Sorres 12-1, the Industriales Lions were better that Las Tunas Lumberjacks 7-3, the Holguin Cubs defeated the Pinar del Rio Vegueros 9-4, and Santiago de Cuba Wasps won their match against the Mayabeque Tornadoes 8-1.
The Cienfuegos Elephants and the Ciego de Avila Tigers also won their matches against the Guantanamo Indians and the Villa Clara Azucareros respectively.
The Sancti Spiritus Roosters are at the top of the leader-board with 13 wins and 3 losses, the Elephants are in second place with 11-5 and the Bulls are now 3rd with 9 wins and 6 losses.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5176
- today: 4126
- online: 264
- total: 6733419