Havana, September 10 (RHC) - The Spanish basketball club San Pablo Burgos officially presented, this weekend, Cuban Jasiel Rivero as their new player for the 2019-2020 season.
25-year old Rivero will play for San Pablo, of the Spanish first division, in n the "first team", assured club officials in a welcome communique.
"It is a big deal. I dreamed with moment. Playing in the Endesa league (one of the best leagues in the world) was one of the toughest goals I had set to myself. Now I need to make some extra efforts to keep improving as a player", said River from Spain, in declarations to Radio Habana Cuba before his first training sesion on Monday.
The Havana native "baller" played las season for Boca Junior in Argentina, as a loan from his current club, and now he will be under the command of coach Joan Peñarroya to compete in the Endesa League and in the Basketball Champions League.
Rivero is the second Cuban to play in the Endesa League, after Center Javier Justiz, who has been with the Zaragoza for two seasons now.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3543
- today: 3166
- online: 147
- total: 6394467