London, August 6 (RHC)-- British activists linked to the U.S.-based Black Lives Matter movement have staged a rally in London to protest against police violence in the United Kingdom. On Friday, the protesters took to the streets in the British capital to express their dissatisfaction about police racism and violence, blocking a road that leads to London's Heathrow Airport.
Black Lives Matter in the UK said in a statement that it was holding a "shutdown" of roads in London and other cities to "mourn those who have died in custody and to protest the ongoing racist violence of the police, border enforcement, structural inequalities and the everyday indignity of street racism."
Similar demonstrations were also held in several other Britain's major cities, including Birmingham and Nottingham. Reports said police have arrested several of the protesters.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 4344
- online: 302
- total: 8089472