London, August 6 (RHC)-- British activists linked to the U.S.-based Black Lives Matter movement have staged a rally in London to protest against police violence in the United Kingdom. On Friday, the protesters took to the streets in the British capital to express their dissatisfaction about police racism and violence, blocking a road that leads to London's Heathrow Airport.
Black Lives Matter in the UK said in a statement that it was holding a "shutdown" of roads in London and other cities to "mourn those who have died in custody and to protest the ongoing racist violence of the police, border enforcement, structural inequalities and the everyday indignity of street racism."
Similar demonstrations were also held in several other Britain's major cities, including Birmingham and Nottingham. Reports said police have arrested several of the protesters.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3089
- today: 3515
- online: 127
- total: 5644142