London, August 6 (RHC)-- British activists linked to the U.S.-based Black Lives Matter movement have staged a rally in London to protest against police violence in the United Kingdom. On Friday, the protesters took to the streets in the British capital to express their dissatisfaction about police racism and violence, blocking a road that leads to London's Heathrow Airport.
Black Lives Matter in the UK said in a statement that it was holding a "shutdown" of roads in London and other cities to "mourn those who have died in custody and to protest the ongoing racist violence of the police, border enforcement, structural inequalities and the everyday indignity of street racism."
Similar demonstrations were also held in several other Britain's major cities, including Birmingham and Nottingham. Reports said police have arrested several of the protesters.
- Jazz Place
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: No one is going to take from us the confidence in the future which we owe our children
- Imperialism and Revolution / Program 8
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba works toward perfecting its political system
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 9
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3423
- today: 2207
- online: 155
- total: 6480533