London, August 6 (RHC)-- British activists linked to the U.S.-based Black Lives Matter movement have staged a rally in London to protest against police violence in the United Kingdom. On Friday, the protesters took to the streets in the British capital to express their dissatisfaction about police racism and violence, blocking a road that leads to London's Heathrow Airport.
Black Lives Matter in the UK said in a statement that it was holding a "shutdown" of roads in London and other cities to "mourn those who have died in custody and to protest the ongoing racist violence of the police, border enforcement, structural inequalities and the everyday indignity of street racism."
Similar demonstrations were also held in several other Britain's major cities, including Birmingham and Nottingham. Reports said police have arrested several of the protesters.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 2110
- online: 124
- total: 5858220