Chicago, October 10 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of Illinois, the State Treasury has suspended investing with Wells Fargo amid a massive scandal at the major Wall Street bank involving thousands of employees who took private customer information to create two million fake accounts in order to meet sales targets. The decision affects $30 billion in investments.
Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs called Wells Fargo "shameful." Senator Elizabeth Warren has called for Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf to resign and to be criminally investigated.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 3405
- online: 120
- total: 4935178