Damascus, December 16 (RHC)-- The Syrian government says it’s temporarily suspended the evacuation of civilians from eastern Aleppo, after accusing the anti-government rebel fighters of breaking the terms of the ceasefire. One of the terms called for anti-government rebels to allow for the evacuation of wounded civilians in another part of Syria: two government-held towns in Idlib province, which have been besieged by rebels.
More than 8,000 people successfully escaped from eastern Aleppo Thursday before the evacuations were halted. There are also separate news reports of evacuation convoys being fired upon.
On Thursday, dozens of United Nations workers staged a walkout in New York City to show solidarity with the Syrian people.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4844
- today: 3470
- online: 155
- total: 6755695