Washington, February 2 (RHC)-- The full U.S. Senate has confirmed longtime ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson to be secretary of state. Reuters reports the 56-43 Senate vote was the closest vote -- by a wide margin --for a secretary of state nominee in at least a half-century.
Three Democrats backed Tillerson’s nomination: Mark Warner of Virginia, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia. Trump’s nomination of Tillerson has been widely condemned by environmental activists.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2873
- today: 1684
- online: 126
- total: 5555673