Washington, February 2 (RHC)-- The full U.S. Senate has confirmed longtime ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson to be secretary of state. Reuters reports the 56-43 Senate vote was the closest vote -- by a wide margin --for a secretary of state nominee in at least a half-century.
Three Democrats backed Tillerson’s nomination: Mark Warner of Virginia, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia. Trump’s nomination of Tillerson has been widely condemned by environmental activists.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3743
- today: 417
- online: 93
- total: 6065238