Washington, February 2 (RHC)-- The full U.S. Senate has confirmed longtime ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson to be secretary of state. Reuters reports the 56-43 Senate vote was the closest vote -- by a wide margin --for a secretary of state nominee in at least a half-century.
Three Democrats backed Tillerson’s nomination: Mark Warner of Virginia, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia. Trump’s nomination of Tillerson has been widely condemned by environmental activists.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 3004
- online: 143
- total: 5755378