New York, July 24 (RHC)-- Hundreds of people have marched in New York City to express solidarity with the people of Palestine, amid escalated violence over the Tel Aviv regime’s siege of the al-Aqsa Mosque compound, Islam's third holiest site.
Starting from the city’s iconic Times Square on Sunday, the demonstrators rallied towards the United Nations headquarters and called for the end of Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands. Chanting “Free Palestine!” the demonstrators also called on people across the world to boycott Israel.
The protest followed similar events in Germany, the UK, Jordan, Turkey, Malaysia, Yemen and Iran over the past few days.
On Saturday, people held a protest in front of the Israeli embassy in London and set Israeli flags on fire.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 1343
- online: 94
- total: 4371668