Montevideo, August 23 (RHC)-- The Parliament of the South American economic bloc MERCOSUR has issued a statement rejecting interference in the internal affairs of Venezuela. "We defend the inalienable right of the Venezuelan people to decide their own destiny. Any threat to the sovereignty of Venezuela or any other Latin American country is unacceptable," the statement read, adding: "Respect for sovereignty, the principle of self-determination and non-intervention of the countries of the bloc are fundamental values."
In the statement, PARLASUR reiterated calls for a political solution to the crisis in Venezuela. "Only the people of Venezuela, through dialogue and peaceful means, within their Constitution, can find a solution to their problems," the declaration continued. The statement was approved at the XLIX ordinary session of the MERCOSUR Parliament in Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 2546
- online: 170
- total: 3855370