Montevideo, August 23 (RHC)-- The Parliament of the South American economic bloc MERCOSUR has issued a statement rejecting interference in the internal affairs of Venezuela. "We defend the inalienable right of the Venezuelan people to decide their own destiny. Any threat to the sovereignty of Venezuela or any other Latin American country is unacceptable," the statement read, adding: "Respect for sovereignty, the principle of self-determination and non-intervention of the countries of the bloc are fundamental values."
In the statement, PARLASUR reiterated calls for a political solution to the crisis in Venezuela. "Only the people of Venezuela, through dialogue and peaceful means, within their Constitution, can find a solution to their problems," the declaration continued. The statement was approved at the XLIX ordinary session of the MERCOSUR Parliament in Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 577
- online: 97
- total: 4478166