La Paz, February 18 (RHC)-- Evo Morales, the President of Bolivia, denounced on teleSUR TV that the United States is financing a coup d'etat against Venezuela in order to destroy the legacy of Hugo Chavez. Morales also stated that Venezuela is not alone and can count on all Latin American and Caribbean countries' solidarity.
On behalf of the Bolivian people, Evo Morales sent their support to the courageous Venezuelan people and President Nicolás Maduro.
This coup attempt is being financed from abroad, by the United States, Morales affirmed. The United States are investing countless resources to overthrow Maduro so they can control and plunder Venezuela once again.
The U.S. government's strategy is to create internal conflicts, then send troops, torture political and union leaders and take possession of natural resources. That is what they did in Libya and that is what they are trying to do in Venezuela.
Evo Morales recalled that what is happening in Venezuela today already happened in Bolivia in 2008, but the people rose up and fought the coup attempt, as will happen with the Venezuelan people.
In his message, the Bolivian president concluded by saying that through unity, the U.S. Empire will be defeated.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3188
- online: 183
- total: 4077978