Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh
Gaza, December 7 (RHC-Agencies) Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said that Jerusalem remains being the capital of Palestine and urged for a rebellion against Israel, after US President Donald Trump´s announcement Wednesday, declaring the ancient city as the jewish state´s capital.
“We should call for and we should work on launching an intifada (Palestinian uprising) in the face of the Zionist enemy,” Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said in a speech in Gaza.
Haniyeh, elected the group’s overall leader in May, urged Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs to hold rallies against the U.S decision on Friday, calling it a “day of rage”.
Meanwhile, the Israeli military deployed several new army battalions and put other forces on standby, in a move it described as part of its ¨readiness for possible developments”.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 3048
- online: 163
- total: 6649089