Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh
Gaza, December 7 (RHC-Agencies) Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said that Jerusalem remains being the capital of Palestine and urged for a rebellion against Israel, after US President Donald Trump´s announcement Wednesday, declaring the ancient city as the jewish state´s capital.
“We should call for and we should work on launching an intifada (Palestinian uprising) in the face of the Zionist enemy,” Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said in a speech in Gaza.
Haniyeh, elected the group’s overall leader in May, urged Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs to hold rallies against the U.S decision on Friday, calling it a “day of rage”.
Meanwhile, the Israeli military deployed several new army battalions and put other forces on standby, in a move it described as part of its ¨readiness for possible developments”.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3957
- today: 1139
- online: 116
- total: 5235673