Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh
Gaza, December 7 (RHC-Agencies) Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said that Jerusalem remains being the capital of Palestine and urged for a rebellion against Israel, after US President Donald Trump´s announcement Wednesday, declaring the ancient city as the jewish state´s capital.
“We should call for and we should work on launching an intifada (Palestinian uprising) in the face of the Zionist enemy,” Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh said in a speech in Gaza.
Haniyeh, elected the group’s overall leader in May, urged Palestinians, Muslims and Arabs to hold rallies against the U.S decision on Friday, calling it a “day of rage”.
Meanwhile, the Israeli military deployed several new army battalions and put other forces on standby, in a move it described as part of its ¨readiness for possible developments”.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3407
- online: 213
- total: 4099362