Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. Photo: teleSUR
Caracas, June 15 (RHC)-- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced Thursday a reshuffling of his government's cabinet including the appointment of Delcy Rodriguez as the country's vice president and the creation of a new ministry called the Ministry of Industries and National Production, news that come just few weeks after Maduro's victory in the May 20 presidential elections.
The ministry will be led by Tareck El Aissami, who has been serving as Maduro's vice president. "As the country's Vice President, I have appointed a young, brave woman, the daughter of a martyr and revolutionary, tested in thousands of battles; our sister Delcy Eloína Rodríguez," the president announced in a series of tweets Thursday.
"I have also created a powerful Ministry of Industries and national production to unleash and recover the productive forces of Venezuela. I also commend this task to our brother Tareck El Aissami."
He added that his renewal of the cabinet is meant to "boost the economy and face the economic and financial war" led by the United States and its regional allies against Venezuela.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 2544
- online: 130
- total: 5959160