Drought in India worse in country's history. Photo: AP
New Delhi, June 20 (RHC)-- India is facing its worst water shortage crisis in its history. That’s according to a new report from an Indian government think tank, which says as many as 200,000 people die in India every year from a lack of access to clean water.
The report also says 600 million people in India are facing acute water shortages and that 21 Indian cities are expected to run out of groundwater by 2020.
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3210
- today: 1505
- online: 139
- total: 5942009