Drought in India worse in country's history. Photo: AP
New Delhi, June 20 (RHC)-- India is facing its worst water shortage crisis in its history. That’s according to a new report from an Indian government think tank, which says as many as 200,000 people die in India every year from a lack of access to clean water.
The report also says 600 million people in India are facing acute water shortages and that 21 Indian cities are expected to run out of groundwater by 2020.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 2466
- online: 157
- total: 6668462