Supporters of President Maduro gather at the center of the capital Caracas in support of the president after the failed attack against him. Photo: teleSUR
Caracas, August 7 (RHC)-- Tens of thousands of Venezuelans marched in support of President Nicolás Maduro on Monday, following the failed drone attack against him during a speech at a military parade on Saturday.
The march in support of the president was called by the ruling United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) and filled the streets of downtown Caracas. Supporters wearing t-shirts emblazoned with Maduro's face gathered in the Venezuelan capital.
The vice president of the National Constituent Assembly (ANC), Tania Diaz, called on her compatriots to attend. Speaking with reporters, she said: "We are marching in support of our president and in repudiation of the failed assassination attempt that sought to plunge us into a spiral of violence."
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8608
- today: 8376
- online: 256
- total: 7371839