Trump's Hollywood star gets the ax. Photo: AP
Los Angeles, August 8 (RHC)-- In the U.S. state of California, the West Hollywood City Council passed a resolution calling for the removal of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame honoring U.S. President Donald Trump. The star was installed in a ceremony for the then-businessman in 2007.
The council does not have the authority to remove the star itself, but a staff report on the resolution said members would recommend removal to the city of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Last month, a man severely damaged the star with a pickax.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 1035
- online: 130
- total: 6381054