Former Trump attorney says U.S. president once said 'Black people are too stupid' to vote for him.
New York, November 13 (RHC)-- The former lawyer and "fixer" of U.S. President Donald Trump has claimed that he repeatedly used racist language before being elected to the White House.
Michael Cohen, a former Trump confidant, told the Vanity Fair magazine that the former celebrity businessman had once told him that Black people are “too stupid” to vote for him.
In the Vanity Fair interview, Cohen is quoted as saying: “I told Trump that the rally looked vanilla on television. Trump responded: ‘That’s because Black people are too stupid to vote for me.’” “[Trump] said to me, ‘Name one country run by a Black person that’s not a shithole.’”
Cohen’s claim echoes the president’s vulgarity earlier this year when he allegedly referred to Haiti and some African nations as “shithole countries” during a January White House meeting on immigration.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10693
- today: 6423
- online: 155
- total: 7004892