Demonstrators march to end violence against women. Photo: EFE
Paris, November 26 (RHC)-- People marched in cities across the world over the weekend to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, commemorated every November 25th.
Marches took place in countries including Greece, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Italy, Spain and France, with some bringing out tens of thousands of people demanding an end to sexual violence, domestic violence and the suppression of reproductive rights.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 3660
- online: 160
- total: 6635407