Washington, February 27 (RHC)-- The U.S. House of Representatives voted 245 to 182 to block President Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration, which would divert billions of dollars of federal funds to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
The measure now goes to the Senate. So far, three Republicans -- Senators Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and Thom Tillis -- have said they will join with their Democratic colleagues to vote in favor of the bill. At least one more Republican senator would also need to support the bill for it to pass.
Donald Trump, however, has vowed to veto the bill, and Congress is far from the two-thirds majority needed to override a presidential veto.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 24
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 24
- RHC's national and international news stories August 23
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 23
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 23
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3070
- today: 676
- online: 118
- total: 6285954