Washington, October 8 (RHC)-- U.S. President Donald Trump has signed a a proclamation that will deny visas to immigrants who can’t afford to purchase health insurance within 30 days of their arrival to the United States.
Under Trump’s plan, which is set to take place on November 3, immigrants will also be shut out from subsidies under the Affordable Care Act.
In response, the immigrant advocacy group United We Dream tweeted: “Our healthcare system is shot and the Trump administration knows this. This is another economic and racist attack on a community who deserves healthcare in the first place.”
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4701
- today: 4515
- online: 141
- total: 6616841