Gaza City, July 29 (RHC)-- Israel has intensified its assault on the Gaza Strip, bombing more than 150 sites overnight including Gaza’s only power station. Palestinian health officials say more than 110 people have died in 24 hours, bringing the Palestinian death toll to more than 1,100.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned of a "protracted campaign" against Hamas even as the United Nations has called for an immediate end to violence "in the name of humanity."
Among those killed Monday were 10 people, including eight children playing on swings in a park, when an Israeli rocket hit near the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City. An aunt of one of the victims said five of the children killed were from the same family. Faiza Abu Amira asked: "What does Israel want from us for it to do this to our children?"
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4656
- today: 4474
- online: 190
- total: 3848518