Brasilia, August 15 (Xinhua-RHC) -- The black box, recovered from the plane which crashed in Sao Paulo and killed Brazilian Socialist Party presidential candidate Eduardo Campos, arrived in Brasilia on Thursday for inspection.
The Center for the Investigation and Prevention of Aeronautic Accidents (Cenipa) said the box contains the recordings of the final minutes before the plane crashed.
On Wednesday night, it was revealed that a recording of a conversation between the pilot and the control tower in Santos, Sao Paulo, where the aircraft crashed, indicated the pilot could not land on the first try due to lack of visibility and decided to approach the landing strip again.
The Cessna 560XL crashed moments later into a residential area, killing all seven people on board. Ten people on the ground were injured, but all of them have been reportedly released from the hospital.
Also on Thursday, the coroner's office in Sao Paulo said the forensic work to identify the remains of the victims was ongoing.
The victims have so far been identified from the passenger list only, pending DNA analysis to fully identify the bodies.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 28 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6447
- today: 4423
- online: 219
- total: 8044410