BEIJING, Dec. 31, (RHC-Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping will attend the opening ceremony of the first ministerial meeting of the Forum of China and the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC).
Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a regular press briefing on Wednesday afternoon that Costa Rica President Luis Guillermo Solis, Ecuador President Rafael Correa Delgado, Bahamas Prime Minister Perry Christie and Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro Moros will also attend.
The opening ceremony will be in Beijing on Jan. 8.
Costa Rica currently holds the CELAC rotating chairmanship, while Ecuador will be the next. The two countries, together with Cuba and Bahamas, make up the CELAC Quartet.
Solis and Correa will also pay state visits to China at the invitation of Xi.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3636
- today: 3728
- online: 195
- total: 4240969