BEIJING, Dec. 31, (RHC-Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping will attend the opening ceremony of the first ministerial meeting of the Forum of China and the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC).
Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a regular press briefing on Wednesday afternoon that Costa Rica President Luis Guillermo Solis, Ecuador President Rafael Correa Delgado, Bahamas Prime Minister Perry Christie and Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro Moros will also attend.
The opening ceremony will be in Beijing on Jan. 8.
Costa Rica currently holds the CELAC rotating chairmanship, while Ecuador will be the next. The two countries, together with Cuba and Bahamas, make up the CELAC Quartet.
Solis and Correa will also pay state visits to China at the invitation of Xi.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 3227
- online: 107
- total: 4946071