BEIJING, Dec. 31, (RHC-Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping will attend the opening ceremony of the first ministerial meeting of the Forum of China and the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC).
Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a regular press briefing on Wednesday afternoon that Costa Rica President Luis Guillermo Solis, Ecuador President Rafael Correa Delgado, Bahamas Prime Minister Perry Christie and Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro Moros will also attend.
The opening ceremony will be in Beijing on Jan. 8.
Costa Rica currently holds the CELAC rotating chairmanship, while Ecuador will be the next. The two countries, together with Cuba and Bahamas, make up the CELAC Quartet.
Solis and Correa will also pay state visits to China at the invitation of Xi.
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3685
- today: 1013
- online: 102
- total: 4605818