LISBON, March 23 (Xinhua) -- A group of scientists from the Portuguese Universidade Nova (UNL) who are researching Alzheimer's, a neurodegenerative disease, were awarded a prize by bank Santander Totta/UNL on Monday, according to Portuguese Lusa News Agency.
The scientists aim to use methods involving genetic reprogramming of human cells. By transforming normal neurons into neurons at risk of developing the disease, they hope to better understand the underlying mechanisms of the illness.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 606
- online: 98
- total: 4470353