LISBON, March 23 (Xinhua) -- A group of scientists from the Portuguese Universidade Nova (UNL) who are researching Alzheimer's, a neurodegenerative disease, were awarded a prize by bank Santander Totta/UNL on Monday, according to Portuguese Lusa News Agency.
The scientists aim to use methods involving genetic reprogramming of human cells. By transforming normal neurons into neurons at risk of developing the disease, they hope to better understand the underlying mechanisms of the illness.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 1883
- online: 206
- total: 4109611