LISBON, March 23 (Xinhua) -- A group of scientists from the Portuguese Universidade Nova (UNL) who are researching Alzheimer's, a neurodegenerative disease, were awarded a prize by bank Santander Totta/UNL on Monday, according to Portuguese Lusa News Agency.
The scientists aim to use methods involving genetic reprogramming of human cells. By transforming normal neurons into neurons at risk of developing the disease, they hope to better understand the underlying mechanisms of the illness.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 2709
- online: 112
- total: 4945553