Paris, Apr 11, (RHC), – The Pope has reportedly barred the nomination of a close aide of President François Hollande as new French ambassador to the Vatican because he is gay.
The apparent rejection calls into question the Pontiff's reputation as holding more liberal views on homosexuality.
Laurent Stefanini (54), a senior diplomat and Mr Hollande's chief of protocol, was nominated in early January but the Vatican had maintained a stony silence over whether it accepts his credentials, officials in Paris said.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8111
- today: 1060
- online: 150
- total: 7390614