Rome, June 29 (RHC)-- Thousands of people marched in Rome on Sunday to promote Pope Francis’ historic call for global action on climate change. A Vatican encyclical this month urged world leaders to pay their "grave social debt" to the poor and take swift action to save the planet from environmental ruin.
Organizers of the march said the cause of climate justice unites all faiths. The Vatican is hosting a conference on climate change this week with activists and scientists from around the world.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8608
- today: 8319
- online: 284
- total: 7371782