Rome, June 29 (RHC)-- Thousands of people marched in Rome on Sunday to promote Pope Francis’ historic call for global action on climate change. A Vatican encyclical this month urged world leaders to pay their "grave social debt" to the poor and take swift action to save the planet from environmental ruin.
Organizers of the march said the cause of climate justice unites all faiths. The Vatican is hosting a conference on climate change this week with activists and scientists from around the world.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 3111
- online: 96
- total: 4462112