Rome, June 29 (RHC)-- Thousands of people marched in Rome on Sunday to promote Pope Francis’ historic call for global action on climate change. A Vatican encyclical this month urged world leaders to pay their "grave social debt" to the poor and take swift action to save the planet from environmental ruin.
Organizers of the march said the cause of climate justice unites all faiths. The Vatican is hosting a conference on climate change this week with activists and scientists from around the world.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 3055
- online: 144
- total: 4934828