United Nations, September 25 (RHC)-- World leaders gathered at UN Headquarters in New York, approved Friday the Sustainable Development Goals --17 major objectives which will guide common efforts to fight poverty and inequality over the next 15 years.
The heads of state and government approved the document by acclamation, at the beginning of the three-day UN high-level Summit.
The Sustainable Development Goals include ambitious objectives, aimed at reducing maternal and infant mortality rates, eradicating the AIDS epidemic and facilitating universal access to reproductive and sexual health services.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 1442
- online: 158
- total: 6069906