Paris, December 14 (RHC)-- The far-right, anti-immigrant National Front in France has failed to win a single region in the second round of local elections.
The National Front won six of 13 regions in the first round last weekend. But in a tactical move aimed at defeating the Front, the rival Socialist Party withdrew in key regions, urging supporters to back the more mainstream conservatives instead.
Despite the National Front’s defeat, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the threat is not over and called on people to be on the alert for rising right-wing sentiments.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3664
- online: 205
- total: 4103860