Caracas, January 26 (RHC)-- The National Council for Productive Economy of Venezuela has presented President Nicolas Maduro the first proposals to tackle the country's economic emergency.
Executive Vice President Aristobulo Isturiz told reporters in Caracas that the Council is working with the support of local businesses to overcome the current situation.
Isturiz said that the Venezuelan government will help with raw materials, credit and other economic support to domestic producers. And he noted that the priorities of the socialist project will be maintained -- in providing education, housing, food and other social benefits.
The Venezuelan vice president said that the new policy proposed by President Nicolas Maduro aims to overcome the dependence on oil revenues, substitute imports, diversify production and put the country on the path of sustainable development.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 1150
- online: 126
- total: 4367163