Washington, February 15 (RHC)-- Pentagon officials say they have stepped up airstrikes against ISIL in Afghanistan, launching about 20 airstrikes in the eastern region of Afghanistan over the last three weeks.
This comes after U.S. President Barack Obama expanded the Pentagon's authority to conduct airstrikes against ISIL in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, the Pentagon is sending 500 U.S. soldiers to Helmand province in southern Afghanistan to fight the Taliban. It's the largest single deployment to Helmand province since President Obama declared an end to the U.S. combat mission in Afghanistan in 2014.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 3463
- online: 162
- total: 6635210