Buenos Aires, May 13 (RHC)-- Argentinean President Mauricio Macri is the first world leader to congratulate Michel Temer on becoming Brazil's interim president after staging her ouster in the Senate -- a congratulations that came after Temer was first tricked by an Argentinean radio host impersonating the head of state.
Temer was victim of a prank earlier, when radio El Mundo called him and host Jorge Garcia pretended to be President Macri. He congratulated Temer for his "climb," and Temer accepted the compliment and told him that he wanted to visit him in Argentina.
By contrast, Ecuador became the first government to offer support to President Dilma Rousseff, calling her ouster a threat to democracy. The statement said: "The Ecuadorean government backs Brazil and the constitutional government of President Rousseff, legitimate custodian of the popular mandate expressed in the last democratic elections."
Brazil's Senate approved on Thursday the impeachment process against President Dilma Rousseff, which entails her suspension from office for six months. The approval came with 55 votes in favor and 22 against, with one abstention.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6701
- today: 3243
- online: 375
- total: 8081846