Baton Rouge, July 8 (RHC)-- Protests and vigils continue in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for African American father of five, Alton Sterling, who was shot dead by police while pinned to the ground early Tuesday morning.
More than 300 protesters held a vigil outside the convenience store where Sterling was killed. Protests also spread to Ferguson, Missouri, and to Philadelphia, where protesters were arrested after blocking rush-hour traffic by lying down across Interstate 676.
This comes as a second video showing the fatal police shooting was released on-line. The video shows Sterling pinned to the ground by two white police officers. One of the officers then shoots Sterling at least twice. The audio then captures the sound of multiple additional gunshots.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.20
- Cuban diplomat unmasks US agents before EU Parliament
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #27
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 7498
- online: 216
- total: 7328050