Caracas, August 11 (RHC)-- Venezuelans are celebrating the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro with photo exhibitions, book launchings and concerts.
The government palace in Caracas is hosting an exhibition entitled Fidel, una vida dedicada a la Revolución, (Fidel, a Life Devoted to the Revolution), which comprises photos of the Cuban leader taken at different historic moments over the past five decades of Revolution.
On Friday, the book 'Fidel y la Revolución Bolivariana,' (Fidel and the Bolivarian Revolution) will be presented. It deals with the Cuban leader's influence on the Revolution started by Venezuelan leader, the late Hugo Chavez, and the close friendship between Chavez and Fidel. It also includes several iconic photos, taken at the time of Chavez's first visit to Cuba in December of 1994.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3249
- online: 133
- total: 4841693