Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
Havana, September 21 (RHC)-- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will arrive in Cuba Thursday afternoon for a state visit, Granma newspaper reported Wednesday.
With his upcoming Cuba trip, Abe will be the first Japanese prime minister to visit the Caribbean state, which according to Government Secretary Yoshihide Suga, is in response to a growing interest of both the government and companies of the Asian country in expanding and strengthening trade and investment relations with Cuba.
Abe’s trip to Cuba takes place after his participation in the 71st Session of the U.N. General Assembly. While in New York, the Japanese prime minister also participated in the U.N. summit on refugee and migrant issues.
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is set to return home from Cuba on September 24th.
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- RHC's national and international news stories August-16
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August 15
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August-14
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3215
- today: 1971
- online: 111
- total: 6260265