Havana, October 3 (RHC)-- Cuban Civil Defense has established the hurricane warning stage for the country's five eastern provinces, from Camagüey to Guantánamo, saying Hurricane Matthew will begin to affect the region Monday afternoon.
In its latest weather advisory report issued at 9:00 a.m. (local Cuban time) this Monday, October 3rd, Cuba's Civil Defense said the country's southeastern region will be the first to experience tropical storm winds and coastal floods associated with the powerful storm. The report also confirmed the watch warning stage for the central provinces of Cienfuegos, Villa Clara, Sancti Spirítus.
It further said that local governments, social and economic institutions in the eastern provinces should implement all the necessary measures contained in their respective contingency plans towards disaster reduction and the preservation of human life and property.
Cuban Civil Defense also called on the population to pay close attention to the information provided on Cuban radio and television and to follow civil defense's instructions with discipline.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 2649
- online: 153
- total: 6668645